Sunday, September 23, 2012

Honey to Espresso Day 3

I applied the third coat today of stain today.   They look amazing!

I turned the barstool and rocking chair over for this coat  and found all kinds of places I had missed on the first two coats.  So I might sneak into the spare room right before bed and just do a couple of extra touch up spots on those areas . As I did these at 9 am , they should be dry enough by 9pm to do that. Then I wait for 5 days! EH! 

The coverage is now very even. There are some places where the lighter wood peeks through on some tiny streaks but it looks very natural, I like it. 
Argh!!!!! Must now wait 5 days to put on top coat. This is going to kill me. 


The rocking chair looks pretty sweet. I am imagining a black velvet chair pad for it.... maybe. :) 



 This is a kinda blurry photo but it was the best one of the bunch that showed the color. The other photos make the stain look like milk chocolate frosting but  the actual color of the furniture is a dark chocolate.

I am so excited now to do this to my entire house! 



Honey to Espresso Links to days:

Honey to Espresso Day 1
Honey to Espresso Day 2

No comments:

Post a Comment