Saturday, September 22, 2012

Honey to Espresso Day 2


Day 2 Second coat 

Mmmmmm look at these guys. The second coat of stain has been applied. How pretty!  Much less streaky, much more solid coverage. They are so yummy looking! 


Here is the top of the coffee table up close.   



 The caning on the rocking chair was a royal pain to stain. I did break out a paintbrush and I had to really smash  the bristles into the caning to try to get in all the little nooks and crannies. I don't feel like I did a great job at getting them all but I am going to make a cushion for the chair and that will cover up those areas. 


 Applying the stain to all three pieces only took about  30 minutes.

Tomorrow is the final layer of stain!

Honey to Espresso
Links to Days:
 Honey to Espresso      Day 1 

No comments:

Post a Comment